Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scarf

I was trying to come up with something for my friend Holly for Christmas.  She mailed her Christmas present to me early, because she was having a baby sometime before Christmas.  She didn't want to take her baby out in the cold.  That got me thinking of maybe a scarf that would be soft enough to help keep her baby warm, if she was holding her and the blanket slipped, etc.  I also had these mini charm squares from Moda when I made star squares for a veteran's quilt project. The squares came from the Buttercup line by Fig Tree for Moda.  I bought some soft light blue flannel to make the inside of the scarf and sewed the squares in rows of three and then all together. Then I sewed the squares to the blue flannel, trimmed, turned right side out and stitched all the way around to close the seam.   It's probably a little long for a scarf, but it's a bright scarf and would definitely bring a little sunshine on a dreary day.  Holly & I were obviously on the same wave length because she sent me a beautiful, ruffly scarf for Christmas:
I wore it to visit Temple Square.  That's me and my nephew Sawyer in front of the Maori nativity & I'm wearing the scarf Holly sent me for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment