Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Irish Chain Wedding Quilt 2013

My closest friend at work was getting married.I wanted to do something really cool - especially because they were getting married on my birthday and I'd miss it because I would be in New Zealand.  I decided on a quilt.  I asked her what colors she liked and I decided it needed to be an Irish Chain as a nod to her Irish heritage.  This is how it turned out:





Of course I couldn't wait until the wedding or even when school would be out - as soon as I had it finished - I took it straight to her.  Mom's quilter did an amazing job and it's now my friend's favorite quilt to take a nap with.  It was a hard one to give up - but not really - she's that great of a friend.
I believe all of the fabric came from Three Sisters Chocolat Line for Moda.

No comments:

Post a Comment