Monday, August 17, 2009

Daughter of the Union - Flag Cradle Quilt


This quilt is from a pattern and kit I bought at a quilt store in Georgia the second time I visited the Fullers when they lived in Swuanee. Before that trip I had my mom teach me how to piece by hand since at the time Anne didn't have a sewing machine, but wanted to learn how to quilt. We went to the quilt store (I think it was Stitch n'Quilt in Lawrenceville) to pick out some fabric for her project and I picked up this kit. The pattern in the kit was designed by Barbara Brackman and it's titled Daugher of the Union. It has directions for three Union Flag quilts. I chose to make a smaller version of the flag Cradle Quilt. I pieced and quilted it by hand. I probably finished it in either 2005 or 2006. It hung on my classroom wall in Santa Clarita when I was teaching U.S. History.

No comments:

Post a Comment