Sunday, August 23, 2009

Roger & Andrea's Quilt



This is the quilt I made for my friend Roger & his wife Andrea. They live in New Zealand. I met Roger working at the Oak Glen Outdoor school when I had to take a semester off from BYU. We've kept in touch all these years and I even met Andrea when they came over for a vacation before they were married (or even engaged I think). I was emailing Roger about their new house they were building and I decided to make a quilt for their new place.

After visiting my favorite quilt store Cotton & Chocolate in Thousand Oaks, CA I knew which quilt I was going to make. The pattern is called Strips 'n Bits by Bloom Creek. The fabric is from the Shangri-la by Three Sisters for Moda. I thought it provided the perfect earthy colors & nature motifs I wanted in the quilt. My only request to the quilter was if a fern could be embroidered in the center of each block. I had a couple of examples of New Zealand ferns. My mom said the quilter's son recognized the fern patterns because he's into rugby.
The quilt turned out beautifully. I was so happy with it and very excited to send it off to New Zealand.


















No comments:

Post a Comment